Thursday, February 1, 2007

Welcome to Groundhog Day Family Style

This is mostly a place for a busy mommy to chronicle our "Groundhog Days". Who knows what it will turn into.

My husband and I waited to get married in our thirties; mostly because we didn't meet until then. In five years of marriage, we had 4 kids. Welcome to parenthood! Watch what you pray for.

After 3 years of infertility and a miscarriage, we adopted our first son, Austin. What a wonderful experience. Details are his to share, not mine to post to the world, but I will say the experience changed us and made us better parents. He is a gift from God and I thank the Good Lord every day that he sent us this precious soul to raise.

We wanted Austin to be a big brother. After much discussion about another adoption, a possible gestational carrier, and another try for us, we made a life changing decision. One more try at IVF shocked us with news of triplets. The fertility doc said that she didn't see any good reason why I couldn't get pregnant and stay pregnant. She was right.

Our first ultrasound showed twins. Two heartbeats. We could handle that. Eight days later...news that we weren't sure we could handle. As my husband's eyebrows curled, the ultrasound tech was trying not to giggle and figure out a way to tell us that our twins weren't alone in there.

Exactly 5 months from the triplet ultrasound, John, Lauren, and Tyler were born at 29 weeks, 1 day. Life got really interesting. After a 6 week stay in the NICU for John, and 10 weeks for Lauren and Tyler, we had three more babies in the house.

Why not blog about it? After reading some fellow triplet mom blogs, I'm a little sad that I didn't start blogging a long time ago to capture our blurred life as we raise 4 kids under three years old. At least until Saturday when my dear Austin turns 3. Happy Birthday Baby!

Here's hoping that I can keep up this blog as therapy for mommy and that most of the posts are of funny stories and not frustrating ones.