I have a future chef on my hands. Austin is always wanting to help in the kitchen. We made desserts to take to dinner with friends tonight. He's into it so much I'm considering taking him to a Young Chefs Academy class.
Here's our dessert menu:
Monkey Ball Cake - I grabbed this from Joselle @ her Williams Triplets blog.
- 4 (7.5 oz.) cans refrigerated Pillsbury biscuits
- 1 3/4 c. sugar1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, mix 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Separate biscuits and cut into quarters. Toss into sugar and coat, place quarters in tube pan, adding nuts as desired throughout. Pour leftover sugar in tube pan. Melt in saucepan or microwave butter and 1 cup of sugar. Pour over biscuit quarters and bake for 45 minutes. Let stand 3 minutes and invert onto serving plate.
Peanut Butter Pie III - from allrecipes.com
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (1.3 ounce) envelope whipped topping mix
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
Mix and crumble confectioners' sugar and peanut butter. Put half into bottom of pie shell, and reserve the remainder.
Make pudding as directed, and pour over peanut butter crumbs. Mix dream whip as directed, and spread over pudding. Sprinkle the top of the pie with the remaining crumb mix. Chill and serve.