Friday, February 1, 2008

Happy Blogiversary to Me- Some Days are Like This

It's been a whole year since I joined the blogging world. My first post on 2/1/07 referred to our "Groundhog Days".


If you ask my husband, that phrase still fits. The routines are different from 1 year ago, but they change slowly enough that it feels like we do the same thing every day. And sometimes in the monotony of our routine we forget to do things. Tonight it caused this picture.

We were trying to get a bunch of things done because we have an unbelievably busy weekend. I have meetings tomorrow and Saturday. Sunday is church, Austin's birthday party and a Superbowl party. That doesn't leave much time for household chores. And in a house full of 6 people getting behind is not an option.

As we were cleaning up after supper Clif said, "oh...no!" He had forgotten to mail our quarterly business taxes that had to be postmarked today. After a frantic search on USPS.com, we found 1 post office in Metro ATL that had their last pick up at 8pm. Off he went. In his rush he threw on warmer clothes and the shoes in the photo above. He didn't notice until he'd been home for about an hour that he had put on two different pair of tennis shoes.

Some days are like this.


What a difference a year makes though. In one year I've managed to post 305 times. That's unbelievable to me considering how busy our days get. Last year I was at home with the kids and had some help, this year they are at preschool, we have no help and I'm working 20 hours per week (from home). We've all grown!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Happy Blogiversary to you! :)

MaryBeth said...

Happy Blogiversay Lynne! I truly enjoy reading... it provides wonderful insight into my not too distant future.