Thursday, June 12, 2008

I think I can!

He did it! Austin made it across the length of the pool (25 yards) tonight at his first swim meet.

I have been asking him since we found out he was seeded in the meet if he thought he could make it. Every single time his answer was, "I think I can!"

It was a long 3+ minutes, but he finished. We shot a video too and showed it to him when we got home. He said, "I had a little trouble." We said, "Yes, but you finished. That was the goal tonight." And if he hadn't hesitated 15-30 seconds about jumping in, he would have had a pretty decent time for a 4 year old in a 6 and under category.

The most important thing is he had fun.





























2 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

wtg Austin!!!!!!!!!!!!

jen

Anonymous said...

Great job, Austin. You're the man!!! Wish we could have been there but pictures are great since we are miles away. NANA/GRANDDAD