Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Don't Feel Any Different

The only reason for the neon sign is for fun. I've been watching a Photoshop video podcast and this was one of the lessons. What better way to tell your old age than a neon sign?

I truly don't feel different. I'm very thankful that today has been relatively quiet. We broke some water restriction rules an put a blow-up pool in the back yard for the kids to play in, went to lunch out after church and are ordering pizza for supper. No cooking today. The best part really is the no (or little) clean up part of the previous sentence.

It has been a crazy 40 years (and a few hours) and I'm looking forward to 40+ more years that are even crazier.

This post probably makes a lot of other people feel old, though. My Dad could hardly believe that he was calling to wish me a happy 40th. I think Mom has been thinking about it for a while.

They say 40 is the new 30, so we'll go with that. You're only as old as you feel anyway, right?

Thanks for all of the emails, calls, and cards!

1 comment:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

A very very Happy Birthday
HUGS
Jen