Monday, November 17, 2008

The Wiggles and Brock Gill

I can't tell you when I've been to 2 events in the same day. Maybe never.

You know I'm a little crazy. You have to be a little crazy to keep any sanity in a house full of preschoolers. Do you see how much sense that makes?

Several months ago we purchased tickets to take the kids to see the Wiggles. They have been looking forward to that for a long time. A week ago I was invited to volunteer for a Compassion event on Saturday and I accepted. They ended up having enough volunteers for Saturday and asked me to do the 6-10 pm shift on Sunday. I said sure I could do that. Yes, I am crazy.

It worked out well and Brock Gill is awesome. He is a performer who advocates for Compassion. He is an illusionist and rivals the best I've seen. Clif and I once saw David Copperfield in person and Brock is equally talented.

And you've gotta like a guy who had a chocolate party to pay off the mortgage of a family in South America.

I got to meet him after his show and he is truly a genuine guy. Here is one of his most dangerous stunts.




No comments: