Thursday, April 19, 2007

Photo Contest - A Special Mom Moment

Karen at Write from Karen is hosting a Photo Contest. The theme is a Mother's Day theme - A Special Mom Moment. The voting is from 5pm Central time tomorrow (April 20) and goes until 8pm Central time on April 22. Please visit here to vote.

When you have 4 children in 20 months, you are bound to have lots of special Mom moments. I imagine most of the contestants will have the mom's faces in the shots, but it just doesn't get more special than this photo.

We had triplets in September '05. My daughter's placenta had been deteriorating and she wasn't getting enough cord blood to keep her growing at a healthy rate inside of me. In fact, she had stopped growing. To save her, we had to deliver all three babies. She weighed in at a not-so-hefty 1lb. 6 oz. This shot is of Lauren grabbing on to my finger from her incubator in the NICU. She was 3 days old (born at 29 weeks, 1 day).

I knew at this moment that she would be just fine. She's a fighter (as you can see in my TWF video). She never even had to go on a ventilator.

Vote for us here.

post signature

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh that photo nearly made me cry
Im so thankful shes a fighter
shes such a cute little girl now
I will go and vote for you

Anonymous said...

You win! :)

Holly Schwendiman said...

Their strong spirits are so amazing. My friend's baby weighed 1 lb .05 oz at birth and made it. Truly miraculous! Thanks for the share. ;)

Hugs,
Holly

Stacie said...

I just voted for you, and put you up in my Weekend Blog Roundup (going up Saturday) asking people to go vote for you.

What an amazing little fighter.

Karen said...

Found you through the mom photo contest. Wonderful picture! Reminds me of my days at Children's Hospital!

Reading through some of your blog has made me tired!

If you have any kid questions, I hope you'll check out my dh's podcast: www.pediacast.org :)

Hope you have a great day!

Lynne said...

Thanks for all of the great comments. Life at our house is very busy, but very fun. (John is trying to help me type this right now!)

And Karen, I've had Dr. Mike's Pediacast on my Itunes for seveal months now. What a coincidence that you found us! His podcasts are wonderful. I haven't had as much time to listen since everyone has gotten mobile. I hope to get back to it regularly when we adjust to this new phase. :-)

JHS said...

That's an amazing photo! Hard to believe that a baby so tiny could survive outside you. And one of the many reasons why I am pro-life and celebrated the Supreme Court's decision this past week.

You have a wonderful blog. I will be back to read more . . . off to check out the other contest entries.

Stop by when you have time -- a precious commodity for you, obviously. :-)

Ruby said...

You've got my vote!!!

Anonymous said...

You're right, I wouldn't have been much help to you through those days; I'd be sitting in a corner bawling somewhere. But I've got your back now : )

Anonymous said...

I've 4 children too, but spanned within 13yrs, and I'm exhausted, I can't imagine having them all within 20months, what's your secret? :)

A truly touching story. Thanks for sharing.

Grandparents Corner said...

What a beautiful picture and story. And by watching the video, she sure caught up with them just fine. :) I just voted for you.

Have fun with your blessings!! They are precious!

Anonymous said...

I can barely type this, I'm so choked up. I can relate to this picture - my oldest son was eight weeks early and in ICU for six weeks before I could finally take him home. So this picture .... brings back a lot of old memories and emotions.

But I can't IMAGINE what you must have been going through - three!! What a strong girl! And the fact that she's holding onto your finger - she knew you were there and supporting her.

Congratulations!! You've won the contest! THANK YOU for playing along - it's been such a wonderful experience, reading everyone's great stories and seeing these amazing pictures. When you have a chance, can you please email me at [writefromkaren at take2max dot com]?

Thanks again and God bless!

Lynne said...

Thanks Karen! And thanks to everyone who voted for us. The contest was a lot of fun. This picture is full of emotions for me too.

Villagepig said...

What a gorgeous ode to your daughter, it gets my vote! :-)

Villagepig said...

Darn it, I was a bit late on the uptake, but congrats all the same :-)