Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Swimming Lessons - Day 8

Today was one of those days that I didn't see the progress the Tanya did, because I didn't know what I was looking for. She was really happy.

My untrained eyes observed the most progress with Lauren. She floated by herself for probably 30-45 seconds. She was mad as a hornet the entire time, but she was floating unassisted. She always calls for "Da Da" first. When she remembers that he's not there, she looks at me and says "Ma Ma". She's quite upset that I don't jump in and rescue her.

Austin was just Austin. He's turning into quite the communicator. We arrived a little later than usual (on purpose) and Austin when through a usual routine of having to go potty twice and asking to go an additional 6 times. Two is my limit with him. He's just stalling.

Today he added another tactic. He said, "I need to talk to Tanya." She was getting out of the pool at the time to go potty herself. He followed her to the bathroom saying, "I need to talk to Tanya!" When she came out of the restroom he said, "I don't want to talk to Tanya." That went to "I don't want to talk to Tanya in the pool!"

He finally got in and did really well. He floated several times for several seconds. Hopefully soon, he'll relax.

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wtg Lauren and Austin

pleased youre aware that hes usinf=g delay tactics :)