Monday, June 4, 2007

You've Got Your Hands Full

I've posted before about our outings with triplets. By far, the most frequent comment/question we get is "Are they triplets?" Second, is the statement "You've got your hands full!" Of course, the pointing and gasping ranks up there too.

Tonight, we definitely had our hands full. It was one of those nights. All 4 kids have a cold. It's not enough of a cold to be anything but annoying, but now Clif has it. And, no offense to the men out there, but you have a tendency to be tough patients. (Forgive my generalizations. I'm sure there are many of you that are good patients.)

It was bath night at our house. We only bathe the kids every other night unless there is a good reason to repeat. All 4 have eczema and it dries their skin out terribly. I digress.

We were both tired and now with Daddy having a cold, he's even more tired. We usually tag team on the bath and are able to get everyone out, wrapped in towels, lathered up and diapered rather quickly. Tonight we had our hands full (not the first night, mind you).

They all headed to Austin's room and we were kind of in reverse. Clif had Lauren, I had Tyler, and John was quiet on the floor. Austin was playing and getting in the middle of me and Clif dressing Lauren and Tyler. All of a sudden Clif said, "I thought I smelled poop!" John was sitting in the floor, no diaper, and checking out what he had just done.

Re-bathe. Clean up the carpet. Rinse. Repeat.

This usually wouldn't be a big deal, but tonight it took much longer than it should have, caused more stress and a late bed time. The one thing that would have made it worse would have been if I had been on my own. Thank goodness, daddy was home tonight.

I'm sure my husband will have a great response to the next person that says "You have your hands full." He'll probably offer an invitation to come help the next time we have to clean up poo poo.

The last thing I want to do is wish that they get bigger, but the day they are all potty trained and these incidents are fewer and further between, I'll be doing a little happy dance.

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope everyone gets better real soon
oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the poop incident
bless and thank the Lord for Daddies

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that I am sure that you are so thankful to God that He entrusted you with such a responsibility. People are just amazed at the way you are able to deal with this. We don't go many places where people know us that they don't ask about all of our grandchildren but of course the triplets received miracles after miracles to get where they are. And so many times there are tears in the eyes of those asking because they have followed the progress. And before the triplets He entrusted Austin's life to you. To whom much is given, much is required and the blessings do come. You'll look back someday and ask how did we do it and then you will realize that God gave you extra strength to do the job He gave you.