Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Valentines





My first valentine, Clif, is spending it working. I won't see him at all. He did a dozen roses. We'll have to celebrate a day or two late. I'll be spending my day with my four other valentines and Grammy Poe. What a sweet day it will be.

Austin has his first valentine, Anne. They have been sweethearts before they knew what sweethearts were. We met Anne's mom and dad and church and soon found out that Austin and Anne were born on the same day. They have been destined to be sweethearts ever since. This year, they are in the same preschool class. That has been good and bad. We found out that together, they can cause a little trouble. I'm not sure of the specific details, but their teachers haven't allowed them in the potty together since they created a small flood. Oops!

Tonight I asked him what we should give to Miss Carol (our nanny) for Valentine's Day. He said, "...a balloon....a red balloon Mommy." That wasn't part of the plan, but since he was so certain I went to the store (along with all of the other last minute shoppers). When I returned, Grammy Poe informed me that he talked the entire time I was gone. This means a long night.

He sneaked out of his room into the loft when he heard me come home. I went up to put him back to bed. He saw the balloon and said, "Mommy, that's beautiful!" I agreed and asked who we were going to give it to tomorrow. He didn't miss a beat and said, "Anne". How sweet. Please stay that way.

No comments: